Wednesday, February 24, 2010

February 21

Today's Bible Reading -

Leviticus 11:1 - 12:8 - vs 11:45 - For I am the Lord that brought you up out of Egypt, to be your God: You shall be Holy as I am Holy. Remembering what the lord has done in our lives is so important. We can look back on where we were and be so thankful for where the Lord has brought us, it helps in remembering the Lord and not forgetting and getting lazy and slipping back into sin.

I recently talked to a woman who I have witnessed being taken care of and derived by God is huge ways I personally know of 5 or 6 ways that the Lord has taken care of her. That means there are a million other ways the He has worked that I don't know about. However, she now confesses that she doesn't believe in God. It so saddened me and may me reflect on how God has taken care of me. It reminded me to be thankful for all He has done and never to forget His provisions.

Also, when someone thinks they are not very sinful and starts to point the finger at more sinful people around them remember this verse. God commands us to be Holy as He is Holy and less than this is sin. However, God knows this and deals with us accordingly, He is long-suffering, graceful etc. We are all sinful and should not be so high minded to think that we have achieved something above that which the Lord has set out in His Word.

Mark 5:21-43 -

Psalm 38:1-22 -

Proverbs 10:8-9 -

No comments:

Post a Comment